Sobelman’s – Milwaukee
All American Barbeque Sandwich
This is a great recipe for an all American barbecue sandwich. Ground beef and onions are sautéed together until the meat is browned and juicy.
– 5 pounds Ground Beef
– 1-1/2 cups chopped Onion
– 2-1/4 cups Ketchup
– 3 tablespoons Prepared Mustard
– 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
– 2 tablespoons Vinegar
– 2 tablespoons Sugar
– 1 tablespoon Coarse Salt
– 1 tablespoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
– 18 Large Hamburger Buns, split
1. Brown the ground beef and onion in a large stockpot until the ground beef is cooked through.
2. Combine the ketchup, prepared mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Stir the sauce into ground beef.
4. Heat through.
5. Serve on large hamburger buns.